Monday, May 20
Noon Bible Study
5:00 Finance Meeting
5:30 Centering Prayer
Tuesday, May 21
11:30 Women’s Luncheon at Bob Evans Restaurant
6:00 Vestry Meeting
Wednesday, May 22
5:15 Evening Prayer
7:00 Choir Rehearsal
Thursday, May 23
4:00 Creative Expressions
Saturday, May 25
5:00 pm - 10 pm Contra Music & Dance in Parish Hall
Sunday, May 26
4:30 Free Community Meal
6:00 Serenity Mass
Bible Study Questions
Acts 2: 1-21
1. Why did God wait until Pentecost (a Jewish harvest festival of first fruits, Deuteronomy 16:9-10) to give the Holy Spirit?
2. How does being “filled with the Holy Spirit” relate to “bearing witness” to Jesus?
3. If you had been there, what would you have seen, heard, and felt? Would you respond more like those in verse 12, or those in verse 13? Why?
1. What does it mean to be led by the Spirit? How is this evident in one’s life?
2. What does Paul mean when he says, “it is that very Spirit bearing witness with our spirit”?
3. Do you think of God as daddy/mommy or do you think of God in a more formal way?
John 14:8-17 (25-27)
1. What to you learn about the Spirit in verses 16 and 17?
2. What is the relationship of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit to believers?
3. Are the promises Jesus makes in verses 12 through 14 blank check promises about prayer? Explain?